Exclusive Shopping, Luncheon and Home and Exhibition Tours; Special Guests Include Celebrity Fashion Designer Wes Gordon and Interior Designer Jackye Lanham
Monday, November 14, 2011
The High Museum of Art will host the 16th annual High Arts Day on Monday, November 14, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. High Arts Day is a fundraiser hosted by Art Partners, the High’s social and volunteer organization. The day’s events will include a reception and private shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue, a luncheon at the High, two private Atlanta home tours, exhibition tours of “Picasso to Warhol: Fourteen Modern Masters,” a trunk show and a silent auction of original art. Tickets are $150 for Museum members and $200 for non-members (this includes a Family or Dual membership—a $90 value). All proceeds benefit the High Museum of Art. Tickets can be purchased online at www.high.org/highartsday or by calling 404-733-4429.
Schedule of Events:
· Opportunity to meet celebrity fashion designer Wes Gordon and featured designer Jackye Lanham
· Reception and private shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue
· Charter bus tour of two distinguished Atlanta homes
· Elegant seated luncheon in the Margaretta Taylor Lobby of the Wieland Pavilion at the High Museum of Art
· Informal modeling presented by Saks Fifth Avenue, featuring Wes Gordon’s spring 2012 collection
· Trunk show of exclusive merchandise
· Silent auction of original art
· Private tour of the exhibition “Picasso to Warhol: Fourteen Modern Masters”
On Sunday, October 23, the Gold Patron Evening will feature a private exhibition tour of “Picasso to Warhol” followed by an exclusive dinner reception at an historic Neel Reed home in Buckhead. Interior designer Jackye Lanham, whose exquisite interiors complement the original Neel Reed architecture of circa 1926, will be the special guest of the evening. Gold Patrons enjoy exclusive benefits at the $500, $1,000 and $2,500 levels in support of High Arts Day. Please visit www.high.org/highartsday for a full listing of exclusive Gold Patron benefits.
Organization and Support
The Platinum Sponsor for High Arts Day is Georgia Power and the Premier Event Partner is Saks Fifth Avenue. Additional support is provided by Gold Partner Max Media and High Arts Day Patrons Epting Events and Persimmon Creek Vineyards. Media sponsors are Flavors magazine and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. High Arts Day chairperson Rosalind Minkhorst leads the 38-member-strong volunteer committee of Art Partners. Honorary chair of the Gold Patron event is Jan Wallace, supported by Gold Patron committee members Patti Paddock, Hope Sheft and Ruth Schaefer. Valerie O’Neal is the 2011–2012 Art Partners president.