Saturday, January 8, 2011

Web Broadcast | An Artist's Website is a Terrible Thing to Waste . . .

Join us for a FREE Web Broadcast on January 11
AAG Note - this is from Xanadu Gallery in Arizona - we just thought you might find this of interest, I know I signed up to listen - jmd

img4

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/751712754


The internet, such great promise, and yet for many artists it is a promise unfulfilled. With the advent of the internet 15+ years ago there was great excitement among artists as a whole new world of possibilities opened. Suddenly, an artist could have his/her own virtual gallery open 24 hours a day to visitors from around the world. Unimaginable sales were sure to follow . . . or were they?

While I meet very few artists who don't have websites, I meet fewer still who are satisfied with the performance of their sites.

Over the past several months, I have met several artists who have actually abandoned their sites. They didn't feel it was worth the time, effort and expense to maintain a site that wasn't attracting visitors, let alone selling art. Perhaps you have felt the same way.

I want to encourage you to not yet give up. In fact, I want to encourage you to look at your site in a new way and recommit yourself to getting your website updated and up to speed. I am convinced that the future of the art business is online.

That may come as a bit of a surprise, considering I am a gallery owner, and depend on collectors coming to me to find art. What do I have to gain if buyers are going directly to artists through their website? Many galleries are trying to prevent their artists from actively promoting their work on line. I see things a bit differently. I believe that by working together to promote online sales, artists and galleries (not to mention collectors) can benefit.

I want to invite you to join me on Tuesday evening for a free, one-hour broadcast on all things internet+art. The broadcast will answer the following questions:
Should you design, create and maintain your own site?
What information should be included on your website?
What should your site look like?
How much art should you include on your site?
Should you include artwork pricing information on your site?
How much contact information should you include on your site?
What else should you include on your site? What should you avoid?
How often should you update your site?
Registration is free, but limited, so sign up now.

img4

Also, I am going to ask you to do two things once you've registered:
  1. Forward this invitation to two artist friends who you feel would benefit from the broadcast
  2. If you haven't already, friend me on Facebook (facebook.com/jason.horejs) or follow me on Twitter (twitter.com/jasonhorejs).
Also, during this session, I will be doing live reviews/critiques of 2-3 websites - if you would like your site considered for review, send me a link to the site at Jason@xanadugallery.com and be sure to include in the subject line "SiteReview". Just be prepared, I tend to be blunt.

I would also love to hear success stories if you have done something on your site to get more traffic or generate sales. Email me at Jason@xanadugallery.com and be sure to write "WebSuccess" in the subject line.

Title:   Web Broadcast | An Artist's Website is a Terrible Thing to Waste



Date:
Tuesday, January 11, 2011


Time:
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM PST
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM MST (Includes Arizona)
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM CST
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

No comments: