With over 375,000 visitors to-date, “The First Emperor: China’s Terracotta Army” will close this Sunday, April 19. During the final weekend, the High is offering extended hours, discounted admission, and special viewing hours for museum members only. The exhibition, which opened on November 16, 2008, was inspired by one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of the 20th century. Featuring over 100 works, including 15 terracotta figures, the exhibition represents one of the largest groups of important works relating to the First Emperor ever to be loaned to the U.S.
It is highly encouraged for visitors to purchase tickets in advance online at www.high.org or by telephone at 404-733-5000.
Special Offers/Extended Hours
· Thursdays, April 16, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. – ½ Price from 4 to 8 p.m.
· Friday, April 17, 10 a.m. to 12 midnight for Friday Jazz – $10 Admission After 10 p.m.
· Saturday, April 18, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. – ½ Price from 7 to 10 p.m.; Join the High 7 to 10 p.m. on-site and receive free Fast Track VIP King Tut Tickets*
· Sunday, April 19, 12 noon to 6 p.m.
· Saturday, April 18, 9 to 10 a.m.
· Sunday, April 19, 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
* Become a Member on Saturday, April 18 from 7 to 10 p.m. on-site and receive free Fast Track VIP King Tut tickets. New members at the Individual level will receive one ticket and those who join at the Dual or Family two tickets. King Tut tickets are a $32.50 value with a deadline date and April 18 offer is good until supply runs out.
Community News You Can Use
Follow us on Twitter: @gafrontpage